Friday, August 22, 2014

Teacher Week: What?

Hi Everyone!
Today is "What Friday" on Blog Hoppin's Teacher WeekThe focus for today is WHAT we like to teach.  Math is my favorite subject to teach.  This summer I created this template that shows different ways of representing multiplication equations.  The Common Core standards covered in this activity are 3.OA.1, 3.OA.5, 3.OA.6 and 3.OA.7. 
Here are a couple of examples from my third grade summer school students.
 
  Don't forget to stop by Blog Hoppin' to link up.


2 comments:

  1. I really like your page to represent multiplication in different ways. I will have to try that with my kiddos later this year.

    TeachingandLearningwitthLisaandLaura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. The students gained a clear understanding of the concept after representing the equations in so many different ways. They really enjoyed making the arrays with stickers and most of all, they had FUN!

      Delete